Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Buyers need to educate themselves

The one thing that frustrates me the most when it comes to purchasing real estate is that most buyers do not take the time to educate themselves as to what kind of real estate agent they wish to work with. Now you may think to yourselves, 'hey, what's the difference, all I want to do is look at pretty houses' but the reality is that you will end up working with someone who does not have your interests at heart. Now what do I mean by that? Well unless you are specifically working w/an exclusive buyer's agent you are probably working with an agent who owes all of their loyalty to the seller. Now I know they may seem really nice and helpful but their job and their obligation is to get the seller the highest and best possible price whether the seller happens to own a run down piece of trash or a beautifully kept showplace. In the industry we call this "Buyer beware". I'd like to rename this concept "Buyer Be Aware". Remember sometimes what you don't know may hurt you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Zimbio
Top Stories My Zimbio